skip to searchskip to content
banner
DuPont Company Savannah River Plant, defense waste processing facility photograph
print eadcite thisAsk Hagley
DuPont Company Savannah River Plant, defense waste processing facility photograph

Accession 2011.331

Audiovisual Collections and Digital Initiatives Department, Hagley Museum and Library


PO Box 3630
Wilmington, Delaware, 19807
302-658-2400
askhagley@hagley.org

This finding aid was produced using the Archivists' Toolkit 2015-02-16T12:00-0500

Finding aid prepared using best local practices and Describing Archives: A Content Standard

Cite items for this collection in the following format:
[Description and dates], Box/folder number, DuPont Company Savannah River Plant, defense waste processing facility photograph (Accession 2011.331), Hagley Museum and Library, Wilmington, DE 19807

icon

Descriptive Summary

Title: DuPont Company Savannah River Plant, defense waste processing facility photograph
Dates: 1983
Accession Number: 2011.331
Creator: E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company. Savannah River Plant.
Extent: 1 image
Physical Description: 1 photographic print : color ; 20 x 25 in.
Location: Drawer A-11
Language of Material: English
Repository: Hagley Museum and Library: Audiovisual Collections and Digital Initiatives Department
Abstract: The Savannah River Plant was built near Aiken, South Caroline, and manufactured plutonium and tritium for the U.S. nuclear program. This item is a color photograph of the architect's rendering.
icon

Administrative Information


Access Restrictions

This item is open for research.

icon

Historical Note

The DuPont Company's Atomic Energy Division was created when the company became involved in the Manhattan Project (the multi-component program to develop the atomic bomb), which began in the fall of 1942. The United States government asked the DuPont Company to serve as a subcontractor to design a plutonium separation plant. The Savannah River Plant was built near Aiken, South Caroline, and manufactured plutonium and tritium for the U.S. nuclear program. The plant was designed and built between 1949 and 1955 and was operated by DuPont until March 31, 1989, when it was turned over to the Westinghouse Corporation.

icon

Scope and Content

This item is a color photograph of the architect's rendering.

icon

Access Points

Nuclear facilities.
Sewage disposal plants--Design and construction.
icon