Found in 6 Collections and/or Records:
This collection contains papers from Louis F. Moose from his early days as a student at the University of California, Berkeley, to his retirement from Bell Laboratories, Allentown, Pennsylvania, as an electrical engineer and department head. They date from 1928 with the bulk of the documents from 1942 to 1982 covering his work and activities at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology and Bell Laboratories.
Throughout his career, Mr. Moose was involved with the early research and development of magnetrons/microwave tubes used in radar for military use and for Bell Systems applications.
The Missile and Surface Radar Division (MSRD) of the Radio Corporation of America operated as a primary government and military defense contractor from 1953 to 1986, developing and implementing advanced radar systems. The photographs in the collection depict instrumentation, radar equipment, control equipment, and research facilities at both the MSRD and the Navy AEGIS Combat System Engineering Deveopment Site in Moorestown, New Jersey.
The Richard J. Klensch papers contains lab notes, correspondence, drawings, photographs, and reports used to support Klensch's work. The collection documents his forty-seven years working as a scientist at RCA and the David Sarnoff Research Center, in the areas of radar, satellite communications, and electronic printing. In addition, the activities of the RCA Graphic Systems Division during his time there are well covered.
Nine of Klensch's lab notebooks (1952-1972) can be found in Record group 26.
The Scientific equipment series are images of equipment, components, parts, and details. The series is arranged into six subseries: Electron Microscope, Lasers, Medical electronics, Metal detectors, Optics, and Radar. The materials date from 1933 to 1977. Additional materials related to optics can be found in the Television series. Additional materials related to Radar can be found in the Government projects series.
The Sperry Gyroscope Company was originally organized by electrical inventor Elmer Ambrose Sperry (1860-1930) for the purpose of manufacturing and marketing his ship gyrostabilizer, gyrocompass, and high-intensity searchlight. Their card file documents over sixty years of the company's history.
The Sperry Gyroscope Company researched, developed, and manufactured navigation equipment; three of the premiere products were the marine gyrostabilizer, the gyrocompass, and the high-intensity searchlight. The company was founded by Elmer A. Sperry (1860-1930) in 1910. Sperry Gyroscope Company photographs and films consists primarily of images of products and inventions developed between 1912 and 1965, a bulk of materials date from 1940 through 1960. The collection has been organized into five series: Personnel; Plants, Sperry School, and Museum; Products; Public Information Department; and Visitors, exhibits, models, and patents.