Showing Collections: 1 - 2 of 2
E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company was established in 1802 by Pierre Samuel du Pont de Nemours (1739-1817) and his son Éleuthère Irénée du Pont (1771-1834). This collection of more than 1250 discrete photographs depicts the landscape and buildings at or near the company's explosives manufacturing plants along Brandywine Creek near Wilmington, Delaware. Approximately 900 images depict powder yard sites, including the DuPont Experimental Station, either during the mills' final decades of operation or prior to, during, and after excavation and restoration work on the site in the 1950s and 1960s. Most of the remaining images depict the worker communities which surrounded the powder yards.
This small collection of John W. Macklem (1867-1948) contains photographs of structures in the Hagley Yards after they closed in 1921, DuPont Company office staff in Equitable Building, Wilmington, Delaware, and gunpowder labels for A.F. & Co. FF gunpowder and DuPont superfine HFg gun powder.
- Brandywine Creek (Pa. and Del.) 1
- Company towns 1
- Explosives industry 1
- Henry Clay (Del. : Village) 1
- Industrial housing 1
- Brandywine Manufacturers Sunday School 1
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company 1
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company. Brandywine Works 1
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company. DuPont Works (DuPont, Wa.) 1
- E.I. du Pont de Nemours & Company. Experimental Station 1