Skip to main content Skip to search results

Showing Collections: 1 - 1 of 1

Eleutherian Mills garden photographs and film

 Collection
Accession: 1994-342
Abstract:

From 1802 to 1921, Eleutherian Mills was a gunpowder mill site used for the manufacture of explosives by the duPont family business. The name also refers to the house and gardens on the hill above the mills, which was the first duPont family home in America. This collections contains slides and color snapshot photographs of the garden at Eleutherian Mills. Also included is an 8 mm. home movie.

Dates: circa 1950-1970

Filtered By

  • Names: Eleutherian Mills (Greenville, Del. : Estate) X
  • Names: Unknown X
  • Repository: Audiovisual Collections X