Skip to main content

Eleutherian Mills garden photographs and film

circa 1950-1970
 Collection
Identifier: 1994-342

Abstract

From 1802 to 1921, Eleutherian Mills was a gunpowder mill site used for the manufacture of explosives by the duPont family business. The name also refers to the house and gardens on the hill above the mills, which was the first duPont family home in America. This collections contains slides and color snapshot photographs of the garden at Eleutherian Mills. Also included is an 8 mm. home movie.

Dates

  • circa 1950-1970

Creator

Extent

14 item(s)

General Physical Description

5 transparencies : color ; 35 mm. or smaller. 8 photographic prints : color ; 3.5 x 3.5 in. 1 reel : si., col. ; 8 mm.

Historical Note

From 1802 to 1921, Eleutherian Mills was a gunpowder mill site used for the manufacture of explosives by the duPont family business. The name also refers to the house and gardens on the hill above the mills, which was the first duPont family home in America.

Scope and Content

This collections contains slides and color snapshot photographs of the garden at Eleutherian Mills. Also included is an 8 mm. home movie.

Location

GL Box 2.

Access Restrictions

This collection is open for research.

Language of Materials

English


Additional Information

Related Names

Creator

Finding Aid & Administrative Information

Title:
Eleutherian Mills garden photographs and film
Status:
Date:
2015
Description rules:
Describing Archives: A Content Standard
Language of description:
English
Script of description:
Latin

Repository Details

Repository Details

Part of the Audiovisual Collections Repository

Contact:
PO Box 3630
Wilmington Delaware 19807 USA
302-658-2400