Found in 4 Collections and/or Records:
Almon Fuller (1816-1881) was a shoemaker at Wyalusing, Bradford County, Pennsylvania, from 1835 until 1856, when he moved his family to Camptown, Pennsylvania, and became a small farmer. Almon Fuller's daybooks describe the operation of a small shoemaking shop in northeastern Pennsylvania during the 1830s.
Corfam® was a synthetic substitute for leather. Collection consists of photographs related to the development and manufacture of DuPont's Corfam® synthetic leather at the Newburgh, New York Corfam® pilot plant and research facility.
Dr. Lucius F. Ellsworth (1941-) was a Hagley graduate fellow and was employed by Hagley as a research assistant in the history of technology from 1963 to 1967. The papers in this collection consist of a combination of research notes and original documents collected by Dr. Ellsworth during his research on the American tanning and leather industries.
The United Shoe Machinery Company was founded upon the 1899 merger of the Goodyear Machinery Company, Consolidated and McKay Lasting Machine Company, and McKay Shoe Machinery Company. The company grew quickly from its inception. In its heyday, the company employed 9,000 people and manufactured eighty-five percent of shoe making machinery in the United States. Of these two prints, one shows an assembly line using United Shoe Machinery Corporation equipment, while the other shows a worker demonstrating a United Shoe Machinery Company machine.