Found in 1 Collection or Record:
The Sperry Corporation's Aerospace Division traces its origins to Engineering Research Associates (ERA), a St. Paul, Minnesota firm founded by William Norris (1911-2006) and Howard Engstrom (1902-1962). In 1952 ERA merged with Remington Rand, Inc., where it became part of its Eckert-Mauchly Division. In 1960, five years after the Sperry-Remington Rand merger, it was renamed the Military Division, and in 1975 it became Sperry Rand's Aerospace Division. These photographs show details of identified laboratory testing of computer components.