Skip to main content

Political participation

 Subject
Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings

Found in 3 Collections and/or Records:

Cavalcade of America phonograph records

 Collection
Accession: 1968-001-G68
Abstract:

The Cavalcade of America was an anthology drama radio program which aired weekly from 1935 to 1953. The radio show was sponsored by the DuPont Company, a chemical company, which began as a manufacturer of gunpowder in 1802. The DuPont Company created the Cavalcade of America as a promotional tool. The program dramatized historical events focusing on individual stories of heroism, and occasionally presented a musical performance. This collection contains recordings of most of the show's episodes and consists of over 2,900 phonograph albums, approximately 500 sound tape reels, 6 sound cassettes and one scrapbook.

Dates: 1935-1953

Eddie Dowling and Longwood Garden project oral histories (transcripts)

 Collection
Accession: 1875
Abstract:

Longwood Gardens is a series of formal display gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, that was developed by Pierre S. du Pont (1870-1954) after he purchased the site from the Peirce family in 1906. The collection is comprised of two oral history interview projects. The first is with Eddie Dowling (1889-1976), an actor, screenwriter, playwright, director, producer, songwriter, and composer. The second project is commissioned oral histories with people with remembrances of du Pont and the development of Longwood Gardens.

Dates: 1968; 1974-1975

Pierre Samuel du Pont de Nemours and family documents (photocopies and microfilm)

 Collection
Accession: 0240
Abstract:

Pierre Samuel du Pont de Nemours (1739-1817) was a French political economist, writer, publisher, and public administrator. In 1800, accompanied by his sons, Victor Marie du Pont (1767-1827) and Eleuthère Irénée du Pont (1771-1834), he arrived in America. The collection contains photocopies and microfilm of selected documents concerning du Pont de Nemours and members of his family from Mairie de Montargis and Mairie de Chevannes.

Dates: 1784-1799