Longwood Gardens (Kennett Square, Pa.)
Found in 1 Collection or Record:
Longwood Gardens is a series of formal display gardens in Kennett Square, Pennsylvania, that was developed by Pierre S. du Pont (1870-1954) after he purchased the site from the Peirce family in 1906. In 1921 he constructed an extensive network of conservatories which contained plantings from many locales, including species from Africa and South America. This collection consists of two
homemade stereographs showing different interior views of the conservatory.