DuPont Airport miscellany1939-1945
Though civil flights were restricted during World War II, the DuPont Airfield continued to prosper as a flight training site for the Navy and as a base for the Civil Air Patrol. It was an important site for the development and testing of military experimental projects. Space limitations led to the transfer of most operations following the war.
The airfield continued to operate until the late 1950s or early 1960s, although the last Atlantic Aviation Corporation flight was in June 1958. The airfield was later demolished and the site became known as Barley Mill Plaza, a research and development center and office complex. The airfield was located near the intersection of Centre Road and Lancaster Pike.
Scope and Contents
Language of Materials
Finding Aid & Administrative Information
- DuPont Airport miscellany
- Description rules:
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description:
- Script of description:
- 2021: Ashley Williams