Quaker Lace Company was founded by Joseph H. Bromley (1800-1883) in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania in 1894. The firm was well known for manufacturing fine lace tablecloths, and during the 1950s, the White House was a customer. Various independent New England silversmiths came together and formed the International Silver Company in 1898. This collection includes three photographs of Quaker Lace tablecloths with one of them accompanied by a letter from the White House. Another photograph is of silverplate and stainless forks along with a press release from the International Silver Company.
1953; circa 1970